Labmaster Standard - LMS200
The Standard of Accuracy
Our highest accuracy and automated vertical measuring instrument can measure length and thickness with a push of a button. Our exclusive digital interferometer measures the dimension of the specimen by comparing the measurement probe position to the wavelength of a HeNe laser light source, effectively coupling the wavelength of light to the part being measured. Our patented laser path is in-line with the measurement axis to eliminate Abbe offset error.
The Labmaster Standard is the ultimate gage block comparator with many more uses besides gage blocks and can be used as a high precision height gage. The Labmaster Standard is also the instrument of choice for thickness measurement of thin, soft materials such as poly films, meshes, magnetic tape or disk substrates, and metal foils. Also, the ball manufacturing industry heavily relies on the Labmaster Standard for fast and accurate ball measurements with the aid of several specially designed anvils for this application.
The Labmaster® Standard measures:
- Balls / Spheres
- Magnetic Tape / Disk Substrates
- Optical Components
- Poly Films
- Gage Blocks / Slip Gauges
- Coating Thickness Standards
- Plug & Pin Gauges
- Thread Wires
- Film Thickness
- Gauge Block Stacks
- Mesh Thickness
- Precision Parts
Features & Benefits of the Labmaster® Standard:
- Rigid design - For maximum repeatability and reproducibility
- Motorized probe - Improves system stability and eliminates operator influence
- Digital laser interferometer - Guarantees maximum resolution, traceability, and performance
- Two instruments in one - A direct reading instrument (thickness/height gage) and a 1-1 gage block comparator
- Two-step calibration - Advanced time saving feature allows for calibration in only 30 seconds.Mastering with two, NIST traceable blocks, allows continuous, accurate measurement over the full direct reading range. This provides significantly higher levels of productivity when compared to single point comparators. Only a handful of traceable masters, such as blocks, balls, etc. are needed (not included).
- Automatic cycling - Increases measurement throughput rate when measuring standard gage sets
- GageCal® PC control software - Microsoft® Windows based software reduces data entry, eliminates transcription errors, and speeds up measurements. Built-in gage tolerancing for many applications including balls, pins, plugs, blocks, threads, etc.
- Flexible anvil fixturing - Ensures system integrity and accommodates a variety of measurement applications
- Live Anvil for Gage Block Calibration - point to point measurement for gauge blocks. Easier setup, lower contact stress, and better accuracy when measuring warped blocks.
|Model / Part #||LMS200 (U306617)|
|Accuracy||2 + 0.5L µinch||0.05 + 0.5L µm|
|Repeatability||1.6 µinch||0.04 µm|
|Measurement Range: External||0 to 8 inches||0 to 200 mm|
|Direct Reading Range||8 inches||200 mm|
|Measuring Force (standard)||0.5 oz.||14 g|
|Measuring Force (optional)||2-40 oz.||50-1100 g|