External Supermicrometer PC - Model PC250, PC375, PC500, PC625, SPL
The Standard of Accuracy
New from Pratt & Whitney, a computer based bench micrometer and direct reading external measuring system designed for high accuracy gage calibration and part measurement. The fourth generation Supermicrometer PC has arrived and includes a USB interface with integral digital readout in the software. The Supermicrometer is the most popular bench micrometer in the world that can measure just about any manufactured precision OD part, turned part, or gages such as pins, plugs, and threads including API, NPT, NPTF, Dryseal, BSPP, BSPT, UN (Unified), M Profile (Metric), ACME, Buttress, UTS, UNC, UNF, UNEF, UNS, BSW (Whitworth), BA, BSC, BSF, BSP, to name a few.
Other additions include a high resolution rotary encoder capable of measurements to 1 millionth of an inch (0.025 micron). Pratt & Whitney’s GageCal software is also included with the Supermicrometer PC and automatically enters tolerances for such applications as plugs, pins, balls, threads (calculates pitch/major diameter) and flags out-of-tolerance conditions. Calibration certificates can then be saved or printed to your custom needs. The Supermicrometer PC comes in four models of varying length capacities. We can even accommodate your needs for units up to a 40 inch (1000 mm) measuring range.
[Part # U302566-SPL also available. Special configuration for U.S. Government purchases].
The External Supermicrometer® Model PC measures:
- Your Precision Parts
- Pin & Plug Gages
- External Thread Gages
- Dial / Test Indicators
- Taper Threads - Pipe Threads (API Gages)
- Dial Bore Gages
- Cylindrical Setting Gages
- Setting Masters / Setting Gauges
- Taps, Dies, and Cutting Tools
- Gears / Splines
- Feeler Gages
Features & Benefits of the External Supermicrometer® Model PC
- Computer based - Your choice of a desktop or laptop computer
- Digital module - Divides the measurement into 0.000001 inch (0.025 micron) increments for high resolution
- GageCal® PC control software (included) - Microsoft® Windows based software reduces data entry, eliminates transcription errors, and speeds up measurements for your bench micrometer. GageCal automatically enters tolerances for plugs, pins, balls, threads (calculates pitch/major diameter) and flags out-of-tolerance conditions.
- USB Box (included) - latest technology for computer interface
- Two Point Calibration - Mastering with two, NIST traceable blocks, allows continuous, accurate measurement over the full direct reading range. This provides significantly higher levels of productivity when compared to single point comparators or bench micrometers.
- Heavy-duty cylindrical bed - Chromium-plated cylinder ensures long life and performance integrity and the rack and pinion drive eliminates movement during the measuring cycle
- Adjustable pressure tailstock - Exclusive Electrolimit® tailstock offers adjustable pressure from 2 to 48 ounces (50 to 1350 g) for reliability and optimum performance
- Calibrated analog meter - Establishes the reference zero for taking direct measurements
- Carbide-tipped measuring spindles - Non-rotating measuring spindles have long life, corrosion-free lapped anvils, and are calibrated to ultra finish and precision
- Elevating table (included) - Adjustability allows for presentation of the part to the instrument in a non-influencing manner
Model / Part #
|Accuracy||20 µinch||0.5 µm||20 µinch||0.5 µm||20 µinch||0.5 µm||20 µinch||0.5 µm|
|Resolution||1 µinch||0.025 µm||1 µinch||0.025 µm||1 µinch||0.025 µm||1 µinch||0.025 µm|
|Measurement Range||0-10 inches||0-250 mm||0-15 inches||0-375 mm||0-20 inches||0-500 mm||0-25 inches||0-625 mm|
|Direct Reading Range||1 inch||25 mm||1 inch||25 mm||1 inch||25 mm||1 inch||25 mm|
|Measuring Force||2-48 oz.||50-1350 g||2-48 oz.||50-1350 g||2-48 oz.||50-1350 g||2-48 oz.||50-1350 g|
*Model PC-1000 also available: 0-40 inch (1000mm) measurement range
*Part# U302566-SPL also available. Special configuration for U.S. Government purchases.
NEW Accessory / Upgrade - Digital Tailstock Meter:
- Compatible with Supermicrometer Model B, C or PC
- 1 millionth of an inch resolution [0.000001 inch (0.025 micron)]